Monday, October 7, 2013

Oceanography fieldtrip

Oceanography fieldtrip


On this fieldtrip I learned a lot of new interesting facts. I learned things about the ocean that are very important. We did labs that tested different things about the oceans water. We found out the temperature of the water. We also did a lab to figure out the pH. In one of the labs I found out that plankton produce 60 to 80% of the oxygen that we breathe. They also can grow up to 6-8 feet. We also learned about flounder. When they are babies they have an eye on each side of their head. Over a period of time one eye moves to one side because they live at the bottom of the ocean. I also touched a skate. Learning about the skate was so interesting because they are so cute and so squishy. I had a really good time on this fieldtrip learning about the ocean and the life inside of it.

No comments:

Post a Comment